What Really Is Yoga?
Yoga is a mind-body practice that has been used for thousands of years in ancient India. There are various styles of yoga that combine meditation, physical postures, and breathing exercises. The practice dates back to more than 5,000 years in India. The practice has become extremely popular around the world today due to the numerous health benefits offered by it. In fact, the latest research reveals the health benefits of yoga. That is why you need to incorporate yoga into your daily exercise routine without delay. This article provides information on what is yoga.
The word yoga is derived from “Yuj” – a Sanskrit term – which means to unite or join together. Many experts take this to mean the union of mind and body. More than 16 million people practice yoga in the United States. In fact, these people have spent more than $5.7 billion a year on yoga equipment and accessories – according to a recent study. Hatha yoga is the most popular type of yoga practiced in the west. “Ha” means sun and “tha” means moon. Since there are many types of yoga styles out there, you should be cautious when choosing the right style for you. A professional yoga instructor can help you pick the best style that suits your fitness levels and practice goals.
There are different types of yoga. But no style is authentic or superior to another style. The most important thing is to choose a style to suit your fitness levels and personal tastes. Here are some of the most popular yoga styles out there.
- Hatha Yoga – This is a generic term that is used to describe any style of yoga that teaches physical postures. It introduces the basic yoga postures.
- Ashtanga Yoga – This style is based on ancient yoga teachings and popularized in the 1970s. There are six established sequences of postures that are linked to the movement of breath.
- Bikram Yoga – This style of yoga is practiced in artificially heated rooms. The temperature of these rooms is nearly 105 degrees and 40% humidity. The style includes 26 poses and two breathing exercises.
- Kripalu Yoga – This style teaches the practitioner to get to know and learn from the body. The student should look inward and find their level of practice on a given day. The class will begin with gentle stretching exercises and breathing exercises. It is followed by a series of individual poses and relaxation exercises.
- Kundalini Yoga – This style of yoga is directed towards the release of kundalini energy. A class will usually begin with chanting and end with singing. In-between, the students, participate in pranayama, asana, and meditation sessions that are designed to create a specific outcome.
Yoga is a mind-body practice that has been used for more than 5,000 years in India. It has become extremely popular around the world today due to the numerous health benefits of the practice. The above read offers information on what is yoga.
Try our style of power yoga by coming to our Dallas yoga studio. So visit our website at http://yogasport.wpengine.com/ to schedule your Dallas yoga classes in Texas. You can contact us as well at 214-520-9642. We are open 7 days a week. Thank you for visiting our website!
4140 Lemmon Ave., Ste 280
Dallas, TX 75219