200-HR TEACHER TRAINING
ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED JOIN WAITLIST
TAP INTO YOUR POTENTIAL
The YogaSport Yoga School (YSYS) is designed to turn students who love yoga into teachers who can transform lives. Our program is unique and comprehensive in that we offer both practical, hands-on instruction as well as tools to enhance your personal growth.
Ultimately, the YSYS will provide you with the ability to teach – and live – from a place of compassion and authenticity. We are proud of our program and our graduates. Together we have inspired thousands of people to practice yoga. YSYS graduates have gone on to teach yoga classes and start yoga outreach programs in schools, rehab centers, women’s shelters, corporations, fitness centers, and yoga studios across the globe.
7 REASONS TO JOIN
7 REASONS TO JOIN OUR 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
- 200 Hour Training – Yes, really. In order to be approved by Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hour School, you must have a minimum of 180 classroom hours with the Director or equivalent. YSYS provides over 180 classroom hours with YSYS Director Angela, as well as additional hours in assisting, teaching, etc. Some programs only meet for 100 classroom hours.
- Manual – Our manual is top notch and updated every year. All of the asanas and assists are professionally photographed with detailed explanation of the posture, sanskrit translations, modifications and space for your own notes. Our manual is broken up into sections on Asana, Teaching, Assisting, Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle and Anatomy. Check out a few pages from our manual.
- Community Classes – We support our community by offering $10 classes taught by YSYS graduates. YSYS graduates can apply to teach a Community Class at YogaSport and get real experience teaching at a Baptiste Affiliate Studio.
- Life Coaching – YSYS Director Angela Wagner is a Certified Yoga Life Coach. Our training includes a very powerful Life Coaching component.
- Assistant Training – YSYS participants attend Empowered Assisting Level One Training as part of their program. Upon completion of this weekend, participants are able to apply to be a YS Assistant and gain more experience and knowledge on the studio floor.
- Community – YogaSport prides herself on her strong and loving community. All of the current YS teachers (who have all graduated from YSYS) assist the training and mentor current YSYS participants. You will find that most of our YSYS graduates stay with us after the training as students, assistants, teachers, or staff.
- Baptiste – We have been a Baptiste Affiliate Studio for 12 years. Angela has been training with Baron since 2003 and has assisted him at his week-long teacher trainings.