200-HR TEACHER TRAINING
Empowering Yogis For Over 10 years
Doing the YSYS program gave me clarity into myself as a person and a yogi. It not only helped my practice, prepared me to become a yoga teacher, but it also helped me transform into a better person.
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE?
The 200-Hr YogaSport Yoga School (YSYS) was founded in 2008 by YogaSport founder, Angela Wagner. Over the past 10+ years, Angela and her team have developed a world-class training that is truly like no other. You will learn teaching techniques and a methodology that will leave you with a profound understanding of the Power Flow Yoga practice. You will also dive deep into yourself and uncover your limiting beliefs and blocks that hold you back in your life. Ultimately, you will learn how to teach and live from a place of confidence and inspiration.
GET ON THE WAITLIST
The YS community is ready to support you through this life-changing program. Our Winter 2020 session is underway but click the button below to be put on the waitlist. We will notify you as soon as our next session is scheduled!
SEE THE TRANSFORMATION
The YSYS teacher training is the most rewarding process I’ve put myself through, and truly one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve learned so much about myself and been scooped up into this beautiful community along the way. And on top of that, I learned to teach yoga.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Learn how to design and teach a Power Flow Yoga class and challenge students on a physical, mental and soul level. You will learn Angela Wagner’s 8 Teaching Techinques and 10 Teaching Tools that will make your teaching more personal and impactful.
* Learn how to sequence, pace and deliver a powerful and challenging class to different levels of students. Teaching to a truly multi-level class is challenging. We teach you the skills to clearly cue your class so that your beginners understand what to do and your more experienced students feel challenged.
* Learn alignment principles and how to avoid injuries. You will learn how to help your students modify the practice for different needs. When your students have wrist, back, or neck pain, for example, you will be able to empower them to continue their practice in a way that is healthy for them.
* Learn how to encourage and inspire students using your intuition and personal experiences. Our program encourages you to be vulnerable and share from your truth and heart, without sounding like a preacher or like you are on a soapbox. We have developed teaching techniques that teach you the skill of sharing.
* Learn how to give and receive feedback to students and teachers. Our studio and all of our programs are based on a growth mindset. We are here to fully support you in your growth. We create a safe space for you to do just that.
* Learn how to give safe and effective hands-on assists. Assisting is an incredible skill that will help you guide your classes and private lesson clients to a safer practice. Our found, Angela Wagner, traveled the world with her teacher, Baron Baptiste, assisting his 150+ participant teacher trainings.
* Learn how to read bodies, physically and emotionally, as well as the energy of a group or individual. Honing your intuition and reading a room is a skill that sets a good yoga teacher apart from an excellent one. We teach you how to tune into your intuitive power to know when to push, when to pull back, and when to simply let your students be and breathe.
* Learn anatomy and how it relates to the practice of yoga as well as everyday life. Our anatomy program is based on function, which simply means that we teach you how and why the body works the way it does in certain postures. We also guide you to a deeper understanding of when to use anatomy and alignment to guide your students and when to use intuition.
* Learn the business of yoga. We will teach you how to apply for a teaching position, audition for a class, and what to expect in the teaching world at gyms, hotels, and yoga studios. Our team has done it all. We have owned studios, taught at local and national fitness chains, condos, apartments, and hotels.
* Develop the ethics and lifestyles for yoga teachers and fantastic humans. We will dive deep into some of the most current and controversial topics in the yoga world. We will help you navigate your place in the yoga world while holding yourself to the highest of standards and ethics. We believe that this is a very important conversation that many trainings avoid. We tackle the hard questions, the awkward moments, and the reality of what it means to be a yoga teacher today.
WHAT SETS US APART
A TRUE 200-HR PROGRAM
In order to be approved by Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hour School, you must have a minimum of 180 classroom hours with the main instructors of the course. YSYS provides over 180 classroom hours with the lead instructors (Angela Wagner, Monika Shepherd, and Christopher Roberson who are all 500-HR RYT), as well as additional hours in anatomy, assisting, teaching, lifestyle, ethics, and more. Many programs only meet for 100 classroom hours and simply do not give you what you need to be able to teach an effective and powerful class.
We are certainly not the new kids on the block. The YogaSport Yoga School has been transforming lives since 2008 and our studio opened in 2004. We started training assistants before we created the YSYS 200-Hr program. We have over 10 years of experience training yoga students to become yoga teachers. Every year our graduates go through life-changing shifts. YSYS alumni have gone on to open their own yoga studios, start their own yoga businesses, and impacted thousands of lives through teaching the practice of yoga and meditation. We invite you to join our long list of humans who became better versions of themselves and took their new-found confidence and knowledge into the world.
FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY TRAINING
Learn the anatomic principles, muscles, and movement you need to help you not only understand each posture on a deeper level, but also safely and effectively teach them to your students. Christopher Roberson, E-RYT 500, is an expert in functional yoga anatomy and will help you understand how yoga works from an anatomical perspective.
The YSYS training includes a very powerful Life Coaching component. The instructors will guide and support you in a life transformation. You will learn how to dig deep into your life, your decisions, and the limiting beliefs that are holding your back. You will also clearly define your strengths and superpowers and use them to become the best version of yourself. You will walk away as a confident and powerful leader.
Our manual is top notch and updated every year. All of the asanas and assists are professionally photographed with detailed explanation of the postures, sanskrit translations, modifications and space for your own notes. Our manual is broken up into sections on Asana, Teaching, Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle, and Anatomy. The manual also consists of a complete Assisting Level 1 manual which includes detailed pictures of assists.
YSYS participants attend Empowered Assisting Level One Training as part of their program. YSYS Director, Angela Wagner, traveled the world with her teacher, Baron Baptiste, assisting his 150+ participant teacher trainings. She developed the assisting training from her hundreds of hours of personal practice and study. Upon completion of this weekend, participants are able to apply to be a YS Assistant and gain more experience and knowledge on the studio floor.
Oh what a wonderful journey. The whole process challenged me in so many ways. The lessons on love, mindfulness, and vulnerability transcend yoga. You really owe it to yourself ot do this training, and I can think of no better people to help you along the way.
WINTER 2020 BONUSES
ELEVATE 2020 WORKSHOP
Included in the Winter 2020 session of YSYS is Elevate 2020. This workshop debuted in 2019 and was a huge success. You will experience an afternoon of inspiring vision board, goal setting, 2019 negativity-ridding, 2020 is-going-to-rock. This is not your average new year’s resolution workshop. YS Founder and Life/Wellness coach, Angela Wagner, is a master at making vision and goal setting fun and effective. And, you can invite your friends and family to join you for this public workshop during your training!
INVERSIONS & ARM BALANCES WORKSHOP
Christopher Roberson has been a yogi for over ten years. In addition, he is an acrobat and flies high on the Lyra (hoop). He knows a thing of two about how to defy gravity and go upside down.
This All-Levels Inversions & Arm Balances workshop will increase the playfulness and your confidence in your yoga practice. Learn how to safely navigate your way into, through and out of headstand, handstand, crow, forearm balance and more.
ONLINE TRAINING ACCESS
For the first time ever, YSYS participants will receive free access to Angela Wagner’s 200-Hr Online Yoga Teacher Training. You will have access to the classes and tools online, 24/7. You will be able to watch and listen to any content that you missed as well as review specifics on assists, anatomy, alignment, and more. You will also have access to 12 additional audio downloads of full-length classes.
The YS team has incredible integrity and holds their students to high standards. They delivered challenges, but always let us know that they full supported and believed in us. They are accepting, supportive and empowering. This training pushed me beyond limits I didn’t know I had. I truly believe that this is one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.