Ready to dig deep? This month’s pose of the month is: Ardha Virabhadrasana, also known as Deep Hip Lunge. During the month of September, your YogaSport instructors will help you develop a deeper, stronger Deep Hip Lunge. Read on for alignment points and step by step directions to enter a masterful Deep Hip Lunge.
• Opens the hips
• Strengthens the legs and glutes
KEY ALIGNMENT POINTS:
• Point your back foot straight
• Press into the front foot and top of the back foot
• You can let your front knee move past your toes
• Engage your abdominal lock
STEP BY STEP:
1. Drop your back knee to the floor and extend your back foot straight.
2. Shift your weight into your front leg.
3.Extend your arms to the sky, spreading your fingers.
4. Keep your back foot in alignment and squeeze your back leg.
5. Lift your back knee off the mat and engage your leg muscles.
6. Press the top of your back foot down and lift up.
You will experience Deep Hip Lunge in every Power Flow class this month. Enjoy!