Utthita Hasta Padgangusthasa, commonly shortened to Utthita, in English means Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose. This asana is about staying connected to your foundation and using your core strength to find stability. Once you’ve tapped into your stability you can move toward expanding and opening your heart – on and off your mat.
Click on the video below to learn more:
• Strengthens the legs and ankles
• Stretches the backs of the legs and inner thigh
• Improves balance
KEY ALIGNMENT POINTS:
• Lower your lifted hip in line with your standing hip
• Squeeze your standing thigh and glute up
• Draw your shoulders back and down
• Align your lifted knee or toe with your hip
STEP BY STEP:
1. From Mountain Pose, draw your left knee toward your belly.
2. Grasp your knee from the outside edge and draw it out to the left.
3. Alternatively, grasp your big toe with your peace fingers and
extend your leg forward. Draw it out to the left.
4. Extend your right arm to the right.
5. Shift your gaze over your right fingertips.
You will experience Utthita Pose in every Power Flow class this month. This program will help you learn and master the chosen asana.