Sayonara 2016 and welcome to 2017 yogis! We’re ready to start 2017 off strong, so our January Pose of the Month is crow. Let’s get ready to build strength and find balance. Fly crows!
“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering ‘it will be happier’…” ― Alfred Tennyson
KEY ALIGMENT POINTS
• Keep your back rounded
• Contract your abs
• Lift your head and shoulders and set your gaze forward
• If both feet are off the floor, touch your big toes together
STEP BY STEP:
1. Squat down so your butt hovers a few inches over your heels.
2. Let your elbows and knees drop out laterally.
3. Lean forward and lower your head and chest a bit.
4. Lift heels and rest your knees/shins on your upper arms/triceps.
5. Squeeze your elbows into your torso, tip forward and lift your feet, one at a time.
You will experience Crow in every Power Flow class this month.