March 20th Update
WE ARE LIVE ONLINE! Click here for all of the details.
March 16th Update – The city just mandated that all gyms close so we are closed after today. But do not fret, I will not let you waste away in your home watching Netflix. Here are a few things I have cooked up for you…
- We will be streaming LIVE online classes when we can. Go to our online schedule and sign up for the class. We will email the Zoom link to all of the registrants a few minutes before the start of class. You can use your membership, 10 packs, or pay a decreased drop-in fee to attend. Check the schedule often. We are also working with other studios to share their classes so you will see guest teachers on our schedule soon!
- Angela is creating an online membership community with recorded audio classes, video classes, shorter themed classes, meditations, a private Facebook community, and more. More details to follow. We cannnot thank you enough for your support in all of this.
March 15th Update – We are implementing a limit of 15 students per class to allow for social distancing.
March 14th Update – Over the next few weeks we will be making a few changes to the schedule. We will not have our 6am or 7:30pm classes and our weekend class schedule will shift a bit. Click on classes for the current schedule.
March 13th – Yes, the studio is open! We invite you to destress and get on your mat in a safe way (read below). The current class schedule is here.
Also, we cannot thank you enough for supporting us as a small business. Times like these are challenging for us and our monthly members and regular students keep us going strong. Your support means the world to us and our community.
Three little words drive most of the choices we make here at YS.
Empower. Inspire. Love.
Because we love that you are part of our community, and we care about your health, we wanted to let you know of the changes we are making at the studio in regards to COVID-19 concerns.
After discussion with our community, YS staff, and other fitness studios around the country, we have taken action in the following ways:
- PROPS/MATS/TOWELS – We are removing all props, towels, and mats from both studio and rental shelves. Please bring your own mat, towel, block, and strap to each practice. You can purchase 4″ blocks on Amazon here and straps here.
- LAVIES – We are temporarily suspending the distribution of cool lavender towels. We are as sad to see this happen as you are but we love you enough to put your overall health higher than a 5-minute reward at the end of a great workout.
- ASSISTS – We are refraining from physical assists in class, whether it’s from our assistants or teachers themselves. We will continue to provide the same level of attention to safety and can verbally work with you as we see questions or concerns arise in your practice.
- SO FRESH & SO CLEAN – We are a pretty clean crew but we are upgrading our game even more. We will be disinfecting high contact areas throughout the studio after each class.
Because we know you value community as much as we do, here are the things that you can do to support you and your fellow yogis:
- Bring your own props, including a hand towel that can be used for drying your hands/face whether in class or after washing your hands.
- Wash your hands before and after class with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you have a cough or flu-like symptoms and avoid others who seem succeptible
- Wipe down your yoga mat and wash your mat towels after each use.
Our goal in taking these actions is to reduce the probability of this virus finding and spreading in our community, independent of what the overall likelihood of that is.
Please remember to take care of yourself during this time. Your yoga practice, eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and getting rest are essential. Meditation and calm breathing is also a great tool that you can use in times of stress and uncertainty.
We will keep you updated as things arise. If you are on Instagram or Facebook, we update our stories regularly and that can often be the first place to find info. The link to our socials is below.